Saturday, November 21, 2009

AB 32 Speech to ACEC Channel Coast

I had the pleasure of giving my AB 32 speech and presentation to the Channel Coast chapter of American Council of Engineering Companies in Ventura this past Wednesday evening, November 18, 2009. The presentation was almost identical to the one I gave a week earlier in Nashville, which can be seen here.

The group in attendance was wonderful, and as always I had a great time. The questions during and after my presentation were excellent, and showed the engineers understood that AB 32 requires the impossible in some areas, and the economically disastrous in others.

My theme was, as usual, that AB 32 has good news and bad news. The good news is that there will be plenty of work for engineers. The bad news is that there will be few, if any, clients to hire the engineers after AB 32 drives them out of business.

No comments: